[Previous] [Next] [Index] [Thread]

User FTP and Netscape Enterprise Server

Hello all,
	We are testing out a Pentium 133 running WindowsNT 3.51 and Netscape
Enterprise Server as an Intranet Machine.  So far all is going well.
However, we have one nagging problem.  We want to use User FTP, so User
A can only see his/her stuff to get or put, and not User B's stuff.  We
can make it work but we must use the following syntax in the URL,
ftp://"username":"password"@node...  We can synchronize the users
Netscape Enterprise Server and Windows NT usernames and passwords.  What
we would like to do is use variables in the html code so that when a
user clicks on an object to start the User FTP, Netscape Enterprise
Server passes the username and password that the User entered to gain
access to the page initially (which we will synch with Windows NT).  I
think this can be done with some environmental variable in Netscape
Enterprise Server but I'm not sure.  Can anyone help?

							c'ya
								Lou
--
Louis T. Chmielewski